Hello friends today we are going to talk about a general question how we can use google maps offline. Maps is a service google. Now days Maps is very important software in our general life. When we don’t know about a place and we need to go there then we will help of maps. Maps can be on a paper maps can be in your mobile as a software. Today’s famous Maps software is google maps. In my opinion google maps will give you best service. In latest version of google maps you can save your maps. You can save your directions or you can also save a part of a city or a whole city. After saving google maps you can use it anywhere without internet. So now we are going to tell you how you can save google maps offline.
How to use Google Maps offline in Android:-
- First of all you have to Tap on Maps application which is available in your android smartphone. If you don’t have google maps then you can download it from google play store.
- Now you have to search a area/location in maps. Now tap on three lines(Option) which available in left upper corner of application and select offline areas.
Also Read:- Best Budget Android Smartphones in India 2016
- Now another window will open and now Tap on + button which is available in bottom right corner. After tapping the + button you will get a popped up message that say “download this area?”.
- Now you can move your maps and you can select your area you can in square box. you can pinch to zoom for zooming the area.
- When you have select your area and you are satisfied with this area then tap “download”.
- Now you will get a pop up window “name offline area”. In this you can write any name which you want.
- Once you have downloaded the maps then you can access it offline in your smartphone or tablet.
- For accessing google maps offline you have to open maps application when you are offline. And now tap on menu icon which is available in upper left corner.
- Now select offline areas now here you can see your downloaded maps.
Limitations of google maps offline:-
- It will require lot of storage space atleast 1.5 GB.
- It will take minimum 150 MB to any selected area for download.
- Downloaded maps will automatic delete after 30 days.
Thank you so much for reading How to use Google Maps offline in Android here. Please stay connected with us www.gadgetlio.com for more latest tech news and all new tips and tricks.
If you have any problem in this article or downloading in maps then please comment us we will give you best suggestion for your problem. If you are using this offline feature then give us your feedback in comment.
Latest posts by Ankit Raghav (see all)
- Instagram Automation with Proxies - September 6, 2018
- Getting to know about the cheating partner with the help of apps - August 29, 2018
- The Chronicles of Best Full Back Support “Best Of Posture Brace” - August 28, 2018