Ever thought why tankless water heaters are so different and unique, unlike the tanked ones? Tankless water heaters are also called on-demand water heaters since they can warm up water within seconds. They just wait for the power to be turned on. Moreover, they are also a great device that consumes less energy than the tanked ones thus setting you unstinting with the stress from the high amounted electricity bills. This happens only because of the highly engineered fittings of the components that make up the tankless water heater amazing. Let’s take a look at them.
- The powerful heat exchanger – This is one of the main parts of the tankless water heater that heats up the water with the help of looped coil runs on electricity or lit by the gas burner. It conducts heat from one part to another that helps in the whole process. Usually, the heat exchangers in most of the tankless water heaters are constructed of copper.
- The adjustable thermostat – There is a thermostat located near the foot of the tankless water heater that regulates the temperature of the water. The thermocouple sends the sparks of current or allows the gas to travel in the valves; the pilot light ensures that the water is perfectly being heated up. After when the thermostat senses that water has been heated completely, the pilot light puts off and the device delivers the water at the requested temperature. There is also a regulator where the temperature can be set high or reduce it as per the needs.
- The essential temperature and pressure valve – if there is a thermostat, there will be temperature and pressure valve as well which is also considered the most important part since it ensures safety at large. It often happens that, the temperature suddenly increases and the water gets warmed up to an extreme level. The valves then play its role. It unveils itself and lets go of the pressure that could have forced the water heater to explode. Therefore, it is also important that after every six months, to check and see whether the valves are working fine or not.
- The balancing cold water bypass – known as the balancer, this miraculous bypass works when the water gets extremely high. The tankless water heater introduces cold water to mix with the heated water as a solution to balance the temperature which is regulated by the thermostat.
- The compartment of PCB unit – this is the nerves of all the parts present in the tankless water heater. It examines and has a strong control on the flow rate, the anode rods, temperature, pressure and more inside the body of the heater.
- Drain valve – last but not the least, the tankless water heater consist of a drain valve whose main work is to dispatch water with ease in various faucets.
Get good tankless water heater based on reviews. Isn’t it great how each part has distinctive properties and is so interconnected? Now when you have got an adequate knowledge regarding all the necessary components of the tankless water heater, it will be easier to change or replace the parts if something goes wrong and do not forget to take help from a professional, if needed.